Sunday 27 November 2011

these are wombling times!

As it's Thanksgiving Weekend in the USA right now I thought I'd get in the spirit of things with a first blog entry dedicated my fabulous namesake Wombles and their creator Elisabeth Beresford, who sadly passed away a little under a year ago.
As a self-declared womble-at-heart, these lovable upcyclers and the originality and playfulness of their stories have clearly been somewhat influential on my life; for that I feel moved to express a bit of thanksgiving gratitude.. and what better way than with celebratory video clip?


They're just such reassuring little fellows, aren't they? Quite happy to go about their business, quietly tidying up after the rest of us whilst making sure to take time out for kindness and crosswords. Although I'd like to think Uncle Bulgaria might've changed his newspaper preference in light of recent events (!), there's not much you can say to fault them. Wombles rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment