Monday 17 September 2012

what can you do? one

The first thing you can do to save the world is name a kitten.
(Gotcha there! ;) but please note - at the time of writing, the poll is still open...)

No, actually, this time around the focus is on 6-pack can rings.














Not my biggest pet hate for turtles (did you know that plastic bags can move like jellyfish in water? And that attempts by turtles to eat them are common? More on that - and their being slaughtered for meat - another time.)
Like I say, not my biggest frustration, but it's quite high up there, and it affects many other creatures at sea and on land, too.  It's on my mind today because, the local shop having run out of large glass bottles, at the weekend we ended up getting our beer as a bunch of joined up cans. And now we've drunk them. (Yes, thanks, they were very tasty. Sagres, since you ask.)

So do you know what I'm going to do?  Right now?  You guessed it :)

Some people say it's no longer necessary. That drinks companies have changed over to using biodegradable plastic. I don't know if that's true for them all or not. But even assuming it is, aint no material I know of degrades over night for that tangled up beastie to free itself and feed.  No, as far as I'm concerned, there's no excuse for laziness here. Every axis needs to be severed but it's no big chore - just two seconds and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment