Monday 17 September 2012

what can you do? start here

It's a bit of a catchphrase with me. Or so Mrs Wombling Mum tells me:
"Sure, it's tough, but... what can you do?" I'll say.
"My brain's good for nothing today! Tut tut... what can you do?"
Or "Bloomin' typical, that! Ho hum... what can you do?"

I guess it's not a very constructive turn of phrase.
I guess you could say it might engender impotence and resignation.
I guess there's an argument for a champion of Making and Doing (and Mending!) to abandon an ineffectual affectation like that and plumb for something more positive.
But, well, I like it.  So,... erm,... ... what can you do?

The phrase is staying.
Doesn't mean we can't take the 'rhetorical' out of it, though, does it?
This is the first in a series of easy little lifestyle adaptations and mindful actions which anyone can adopt.  Which won't take much effort. And which make all the difference in the world.
This planet's not quite the place you'd love your children to grow up in?
What can you do?

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

I'll tell you what you can do...


"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment